Friday, June 18, 2010

Illustration Friday: Ripple



FYI: So, Ripple is a blog that was started by Kelly Light as a way for artists to give back and help the situation in the Gulf. It is an amazing project and I encourage everyone to use the hyperlink and look at the website. My Ripple is a picture of the Statue of Liberty ____ (consoling/passively supporting/helping/holding back/?) a grief stricken Mother Nature. We're all upset, but it remains to be seen how the US will handle this tragedy, so fill in the blank with the most appropriate adjective you feel describes our reaction. This is one that I will definitely revisit when I get better with watercolors. Please comment, and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    You've got the facial expressions spot on. I can see and feel their pain & helplessness. I'm glad you are contributing this piece to Ripple. Mine was sold yesterday and I was happy to have this opportunity to contribute to the rescue/clean-up efforts.

    ReplyDelete