Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas postCards (wait, what?)

For the first time in my life I made my very own Christmas cards!  Well, to be exact, Christmas postcards.  I know postcards, what an unusual way to send a holiday greeting.  I'm a real pioneer woman, a trailblazer....a maverick (thanks Palin & McCain for making that word 10x more awesome).  Not really, I'm just a woman who should always wear her glasses.

But, this was a lot of fun and here are the materials I used to create my cards.

 Picture 1 from left to right: Porcelain palette (for mixing ink), small & large white eraser, Strathmore Watercolor Postcards, Dr. Watson India Ink , 2H pencil & cheap acrylic 00 brush (for inking).

Picture 2: empty margarine tub (ink contaminates water pretty easily, so when I have a lot of inking to do, I like to have a large tub of water)

Not pictured: Watercolor paints!





No comments:

Post a Comment